To pay due homage to the fallen soldiers who sacrificed their lives in protecting the motherland, we have written this post for those brave souls which encapsulate happy memorial day quotes 2020, memorial day wishes, memorial day messages, memorial day sayings, and memorial day greetings.
Memorial Day, also known as the decoration day, is one of the most influential and patriotic festivals in the USA. This festival is celebrated to pay veneration to the military personnel who lost their lives either on the battlefield or in different ways while serving the country. It’s because of those lost brave souls we can breathe freely, we can roam freely, and we can do whatever we like to do without any fear.
On the occasion of memorial day, 2020, family members and friends of fallen servicemen and servicewomen visit cemeteries to place flowers and flags on the grave of their loved one. Placing flowers and flags are a symbol of remembrance and commemoration. Happy Memorial day 2020 is on the brink of arrival and people have already started looking for the memorial day quotes, wishes, and messages to share with those people whom loved ones died serving and protecting the country.
As we don’t want you to wait further, now we are allowing you to sneak peek into our ingenious and patriotic selection of memorial day quotes, memorial day sayings, memorial day wishes and messages that you can send the families and friends of military personnel or also share on social media platforms like Facebook and Whatsapp to pay tribute to the gallant soldiers who made us proud.
Memorial Day Quotes 2020
To run a nation without any impediments and to make a nation great, contributions of both men and women are required in equal amounts. It doesn’t matter what you do and where you are from, as long as you are doing your job rightly and selflessly, you are playing your part well in making your country the greatest nation of the world.
Memorial Day is an occasion to remember and commemorate the profound fallen soldiers of the United States Armed Forces.
Every year, the memorial day falls on the last Monday of May month. This year memorial day 2020 is occurring on 25th May 2020. It also represents the unofficial start of the summer season every year. Below we have jotted down some of the most inspiring and patriotic memorial day quotes 2020 that will help you to pay proper tribute to the fallen servicemen and servicewomen.
- Maybe we are not the greatest nation in the world but we are surely the most secured ones because of the relentless service of our soldiers. Happy memorial day!
- To all the fallen soldiers who sacrificed their lives for protecting the motherland, thank you so much for priceless contribution and unflinching patriotism.
- Even this life would fall less when it comes to thanking the fallen heroes for their valuable sacrifice for the United States of America. Happy memorial day 2020!
- Memorial day is an exemplary opportunity to pay tribute, respect, remember, and praise those fallen soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice for the country. Happy memorial day 2020!
- Never ever ignore the valuable contribution of martyrs who selflessly served our country without thinking a bit about their lives. Happy memorial day!
- On the occasion of Memorial day 2020, let’s pay veneration to the profound fallen soldiers and pray to God to give strength to their families.
- It takes a lot of courage, strength, and audacity to serve the country day in and day out without caring about your own life. A big salute to fallen soldiers. Happy memorial day!
- Memorial day event will always remind us about the sacrifices of great soldiers and inspire us to strive to make the nation great!
- On the occasion of memorial day 2020, let’s all of us take a vow to provide unconditional support to our country’s servicemen and servicewomen who selflessly gave their lives while serving the country.
- We should always be thankful to God for giving birth to such great soldiers who can go to any extent to protect the country and maintain the peace in it. Happy Memorial day!
Memorial Day Thank You Quotes 2020
Thank you – two very significant words that have the power to charge up any individual to do more, be more, and dream more for himself/herself and for the country also. Memorial day 2020 is a wonderful opportunity for all individuals to thank soldiers who had shed their blood for the nation to protect it from internal and external threats.
Memorial day thank you quotes are all about reminiscing and praising the sacrifices of the brave soldiers who happily gave their life for the protection of motherland and also for the well being of millions of people. To maintain the solidarity of the people of America and to pay due veneration to fallen soldiers, we bring you a patriotic selection of memorial day thank you quotes that perfectly exemplifies the sacrifices and greatness of the soldiers.
Apart from placing flowers and flags on the graves of martyrs, send their families memorial day thank you quotes 2020 to their families to show how proud you are of the military personnel.
- My heroes are not comic characters or film actors. My real heroes are soldiers who gallantly fought for the motherland and died with a smile on the face.
- If you want to learn patriotism, learn from soldiers. They always put the country first before their families and themselves. Happy memorial day and thank you for your service!
- You have to pay a great price or make sacrifices to get freedom. Our brave soldiers paid that price for us and we cannot thank them enough. Happy memorial day!
- As long as our soldiers are standing like an unshakable rock, America will be indivisible, and justice and liberty will be given to all. Happy memorial day!
- Big thanks to all the servicemen and servicewomen for giving all to the country beyond their capacity and keeping the nation clean from unscrupulous elements. Happy memorial day 2020!
- Nothing wrong will happen with America as long as our gallant soldiers are standing like an unflinching shield on the border.
- Our nation owns a huge debt to all the fallen soldiers that are quite daunting to repay by any means. However, we can pay reverence to the soldiers and express immense gratitude toward them. Happy memorial day!
- At the end of everything, we are not going to remember enemies’ defeat but the brave souls we lost. Happy memorial day 2020!
- A hero is someone who is ordinary as any other person but has the courage to stand up and take action when something is going wrong. Happy memorial day!
- There is no love greater than the love of motherland. That’s why often soldiers have been touted as the greatest lovers!
Famous Memorial Day Quotes | Best Memorial Day Quotes 2020
A lot has been said by the most prominent personalities over full of valor servicewomen and servicemen who died serving the United States of America. On may 25th 2020, entire America will remember the sacrifices made by fallen soldiers and the wordings of the nation’s greatest inspirational figures will be circulating in the air to commemorate the memorial day.
In this section, we bring you the most patriotic selection of famous memorial day quotes and the best memorial day quotes 2020 that are a profound tribute to the soldiers who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom. Check out the most famous memorial day quotes below.
“Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.”– Charles de Gaulle
“America without her soliders would be like God without His angels.” – Claudia Pemberton
“I believe our flag is more than just cloth and ink. It is a universally recognized symbol that stands for liberty, and freedom. It is the history of our nation, and it’s marked by the blood of those who died defending it.” – John Thu
Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. – James Bryce
On Memorial Day, I don’t want to only remember the combatants. There were also those who came out of the trenches as writers and poets, who started preaching peace, men and women who have made this world a kinder place to live. – Eric Burdon
Memorial Day isn’t just about honoring veterans, its honoring those who lost their lives. Veterans had the fortune of coming home. For us, that’s a reminder of when we come home we still have a responsibility to serve. It’s a continuation of service that honors our country and those who fell defending it. – Pete Hegseth
As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars. – John M. McHugh
“There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country.” – Nick Lampson
“Over all our happy country – over all our Nation spread, is a band of noble heroes– is our Army of the Dead.” – Will Carleton
“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” – Joseph Campbell
Memorial Day Quotes for Veterans | Memorial Day 2020 Quotes for Military
There is a saying which goes like that, “ a nation is as strong and powerful as its soldiers.” It couldn’t be more right because they are the ones who stand tall and firm like a wall with a burning desire to protect the country at any cost. To commemorate the sacrifices of fallen soldiers, every year memorial day beings with a bang and it is celebrated with utmost peppiness by every citizen of America. Memorial Day celebration includes placing of flowers and flags on the graves of fallen brave souls, summer barbecue, a town parade, and beach trips.
Are you looking to honor the late servicewomen and servicewomen by sending memorial day quotes for veterans on the memorial day 2020? If yes, dive deep into our oceanic selection of memorial day quotes for military and dedicate the best ones to the greatest heroes of the nation.
- Soldiers for a country are like angel guardians. Without them, a country’s defense system is quite a foible. Happy memorial day 2020!
- Some people live a good long age and still question their impact om the world. A veteran doesn’t have to worry about that. Happy memorial day!
- If you want to see the greatest lovers of the world, look into the eyes of fearless soldiers; you will see unconditional love for the country. Happy memorial day!
- It is quite frivolous to mourn over the death of lost ones. Rejoice for the lives of those who are still alive to protect the country. Happy memorial day!
- Maybe you don’t know the name of all fallen soldiers, but you owe them all.
- A soldier’s one and only regret is not having many lives to lose for the protection and freedom of the country. Happy memorial day!
- If we connect the dots meticulously, we are existing right now because our soldiers were.
- America will always be a great land as long as it keeps producing fearless warriors. Happy memorial day 2020!
- The brave souls never die. They just mix up in the cosmic dust and born again and again to serve their motherland.
- Without soldiers, we are nothing more than plain people who don’t know how far they can go by maintaining solidarity. Happy memorial day!
Inspirational Memorial Day Quotes 2020
Once a great soul said, “Motivation doesn’t last and neither does the bathing, that’s why we do it on a daily basis.” We all seek for inspiration in our day to day life to achieve greatness and push limits beyond our measure.
On the internet, you can find a great selection of inspirational memorial day quotes that can shake the inner you and propel you to hustle hard to achieve profound things in life. However, all these quotes have been used by people numerous times so they have become quite a cliche. QWM brings you the freshest selection of inspirational memorial day quotes 2020 that is full of warmth, inspiration, and patriotism.
- Sacrifices and sufferings are an indispensable part of life. Without suffering, nobody has ever achieved greatness in life. Happy memorial day!
- Bravery in a person is not the absence of fear. It is conquering the fear despite the lack of courage. Happy memorial day to all the fallen soldiers and their families.
- Our current generation has completely forgotten that freedom never comes free. Millions of fearless souls have sacrificed their lives to achieve freedom.
- America is the epitome of love, hope, and compassion. America is built upon the crystal clear vision of brave souls.
- The glory comes to those who keep fighting in spite of all odds against and defy them.
- Heroism is more in occasions than in men.
- A nation that acknowledges and celebrates its heroes’ death and victory both is the holy grail of all nations.
- Never ask what your country can do for you. Always ask, what you can do for your country.
- Without courage, you can’t conquer your own fears, forget about conquering the enemy.
- One way to keep alive all the brave fallen souls is by sharing tales of them to your successors.
Happy Memorial Day Wishes 2020
Memorial day is a damn fine federal holiday in the United States of America that is falling on 25th May 2020 this year. On the occasion of the memorial day, people of America remember and commemorate the valuable sacrifices of soldiers who lost their lives while protecting or serving the country.
Whatever tribute you pay to the fallen soldiers will always be less than enough because such profound is their contribution. However, by sending memorial day wishes 2020 to their families, you can let everyone know how full of gratitude you are for the contribution servicemen and servicewomen made. Check out the thorough selection of happy memorial day wishes 2020 that is completely original and families of fallen soldiers will definitely like them.
- Memorial Day – it’s all about remembering and honoring the great military souls of America. Thank you all the soldiers for your service!
- Dear Lord, may you bestow peace to the souls of all those soldiers who sacrificed their lives for us.
- We are and we will always be grateful to all the fallen soldiers who died for the well-being and the freedom of America. Happy memorial day 2020!
- Those who have passed away for the country, they are not forgotten. They will always live in our hearts and memories. Happy memorial day!
- Memorial Day is the best time to put your heart out and remember the mighty souls who made the country proud with their sacrifices. Happy memorial day!
- On the occasion of memorial day 2020, the entire country should take a pledge to commemorate the sacrifices of brave fallen souls every single day and take the time to help their family members.
- It is quite important for us to recognize that apart from heroes, we should also pay homage to the sacrifices of she-roes.
- On Memorial day 2020, let us all be mindful that we should celebrate the heroics of fallen soldiers every single day instead of restricting it to only one day.
- Salute to the bravest souls who put their country above everything. They are the real heroes with a crystal-clear vision and burning desire to make the nation great. Happy memorial day!
- The remembrance of the memorial day should be as long-lasting as the country remains. Happy memorial day 2020!
Memorial Day Sayings 2020
How can we forget to cover fabled memorial day sayings 2020 when we are talking about the sacrifices of the country’s greatest heroes? Below we have jotted down some of the most famous memorial day sayings 2020 that will strike your consciousness and give you a different perspective towards soldiers.
- Freedom cannot be begged, it can only be achieved through sacrifices and relentless vision.
- A soldier’s love for the country is so immense that he can accept death anytime with utmost love for the freedom of it.
- Patriotism is all about thinking about the progress and freedom of your country day in and day out.
- Soldiers have to endure outrageously so that a nation can thrive expeditiously.
- A hero is someone who understands that freedom always comes responsibility.
- Ordinary people regret not having materialistic pleasure. Soldiers regret not having multiple lives to sacrifice for the country.
- When the notion of freedom becomes a burning vision in every person’s eyes, then only a country can become absolutely free.
- Heroes don’t emerge from pleasant circumstances. Heroes emerge from dire conditions and outrageous odds.
- Fighting for the country is the soldiers’ duty. Having faith in them is ours.
- May we never forget that we always have to pay price to achieve freedom.
Memorial Day Messages 2020 | Memorial Day Greetings 2020
Last but not the least, we are going to talk about memorial day messages and memorial day greetings. In this section, we are going to share the most ingenious, heart-wrenching, and concise-stirring memorial day messages 2020 and memorial day greeting 2020 that you can use to thanks the families of veterans and their close friends as well.
It’s because of the unconditional support of families, those soldiers got to join the military and a chance to serve the nation and die for it. Scroll down to get conversant with the most pristine selection of memorial day greeting and messages.
Our deepest admiration is with servicemen and servicewomen who selflessly sacrificed their lives for the freedom and progress of the country.
Nothing can match the selfless dedication, devotion, and unflinching courage of the soldiers. We will always be thankful to them. Happy memorial day!
We shouldn’t mourn the death of fallen soldiers. Instead, we should celebrate their sacrifices made for the noble cause.
To those who selflessly sacrificed their lives, thank you so much for your priceless contribution and unassailable determination.
Warm memorial day wishes to the families of all fallen servicemen and servicewomen. We will always be thankful to you and our soldiers for nurturing such brave souls.
May this memorial day 2020 rope in only glittering memories in your life and give you the strength to heal the loss of loved ones.
We all enjoy the independence, freedom, and luxuries but we do forget who paid the price.
Till my last breath, I will keep remembering and commemorating the sacrifices of brave souls.
I wish you and your family a blissful memorial day and a glittering future!
When is Memorial Day 2020? Memorial Day 2020 Weekend Date
Also known as the decoration day, Memorial day is a federal holiday in the United States and is celebrated to remember and commemorate the sacrifices of all fallen soldiers who died for the motherland. The occurrence of memorial day is also known as the unofficial start of the summer. This year, memorial day is falling on 25th May 2020. On this day, People of America visit cemeteries and place flags and flowers on the graves of fallen soldiers.
In addition to that, you can also experience memorial day parade, enjoy and barbecue and beach side shows on memorial day celebration in the USA.
Some Interesting Facts About Memorial Day 2020
- Congress passed a law in 2000 that requires all Americans to stop what they are doing at 3pm on Memorial Day to remember and to honor those who have died serving the United States. President Clinton signed this action.
- The flag is supposed to be flown at half-mast until noon, and then raised to full mast until sunset on Memorial Day.
- The tradition of wearing red poppies on Memorial Day originated from John McCrae’s 1915 poem In Flanders Fields. In Canada they wear red poppies to honor their soldiers on Remembrance Day in November each year.
- Although not as popular today, one tradition was to eat a picnic meal while sitting on the ground of a cemetery. There are still some people in the rural areas of the South that continue to practice this tradition.
- It’s common for volunteers to place the American flag on graves in the national cemeteries. Memorial Day is also a popular day for people to visit cemeteries and honor those who have died while serving in the military.
- It’s estimated that approximately 32 million people travel by car over Memorial Day weekend.
- Memorial Day is sometimes confused with Veterans Day. However, Veterans Day honors all United States military veterans, while Memorial Day honors the soldiers who died while serving.
- In 1966, President Johnson named Waterloo, New York as the original place of Memorial Day.
- There were more American lives lost during the Civil War then the two World Wars combined. Approximately 620,000 died during the Civil War while approximately 116,516 died in World War I and approximately 405,399 died in World War II.
- There are more than 300,000 fallen soldiers buried at Arlington Cemetery. On average, there are 28 burials there each day.
- Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia celebrate Confederate Memorial Day. These are former Confederate states, and they celebrate on various other days ranging from January 19th to June 3rd.